Each day Marlene and I follow “Every Day with Jesus” study notes written by the late Selwyn Hughes. One study was on Life’s Convictions and below we have a list of those which makes for some interesting thoughts on life for a Christian.
- The Bible is true and absolutely trustworthy.
- The cross of our Lord Jesus Christ provides the most profound revelation in the universe.
- God’s way is the only way that works.
- That there is a great deal of mystery in life, and simply accepting this is better than striving to find explanations.
- Deep spiritual change comes not so much from outside in, but from the inside out.
- There will be little or no advance in the Christian life without a disciplined spirit.
- Life on this planet is exceedingly painful and difficult.
- The most important issue in the universe is that of relationship.
- Love is indeed the strongest force in the universe and will ultimately prevail.
- Everything that happens to us, good, bad or indifferent contributes to life if we know how to use it.
- God has more to give to us, His church, in terms of the Holy Spirit than we have seen in this generation.
- God’s glory must be the point of everything we do.